Dear Grade 2 Parents,
I am very excited to be your child’s Grade 2 Teacher this year. I look forward to an exciting and rewarding year for your child in all areas of academic, social and emotional growth! Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions, concerns and/or ways we can assist your child at school and at home.
NOTES FOR GRADE 2
- Supplies: 1 pkg. thin markers, 1pkg. thick markers, sharpened pencils, erasers
- Lunch Tickets: All snack/lunch tickets must be labeled with name in case of loss
- PE Class - Monday, Tuesday, & Thursday: closed shoes required/sports clothes may be worn to school. Swimming will be on Tuesday & Thursdays. Swimming will end November 16th and begin again in the spring.
- Grade 2 French Lessons/or ESOL: Tues./Wed./Thurs./Fri. am
- Music: Monday & Wednesday afternoons (rotate with Art for Qtr. 3 & 4)
- IXL: Your child can access IXL for home practice in Math skills
- Razkids: Your child may access Razkids for home practice in Reading
- Reading Books: Your child should have 4-5 books at home at all times for their nightly reading enjoyment. Some will be chosen by me and of course your child will make independent choices from our extensive classroom library as well. Books should be kept together and returned at the same time (not 1 at a time). Your child will then choose new titles and place them directly into their backpack to take home.
- Library Lesson with Ms. Yaa is on Tuesday afternoon. Your child should return their library book by Tuesday at the latest in order to check out a new library book for themselves during Library Lesson.